Sunday, October 12, 2008

... and Bookends

  • I played around and made a "harvest cornbread" focaccia that tasted very much like stuffing. It would be awesome for some kind of turkey sandwich. Secret ingredients - chicken stock and a little truffle oil.
  • As with dulce de leche, I'm a complete truffle oil whore.
  • Anthony Bourdain says truffle oil has become a "lazy chef's way to add value."
  • Anthony Bourdain can kiss my ass.
  • Speaking of whores, my new motto comes from "Pretty Woman"... "Impossible relationships. My special gift is impossible relationships."
  • Again with the whores... Even after a year, I'm still a bit uncomfortable with the whole blogging thing. I'm usually OK with the writing (though I still hold back a lot), but it feels weird to "advertise it." I don't think I've ever done the "hey, check me out" thing, and if I ever hold a contest to draw people to my blog, please shoot me in the head. Just not my style, I guess.
  • I should really switch over to the other blog sometime. I like the title better, but I've got everything set up here the way I like it. I don't feel like coming up with a new color scheme.
  • I can't wait for the new season of "Top Chef." The hot chick is from Baltimore.
  • I'm getting a bit concerned about our grant situation at work. Though I've been thinking about making a (perhaps drastic) change for a long, long time, I'd rather it be on my own terms.
  • Three different people have told me I should watch "The Mentalist" because the lead character reminds them of me. I don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.
  • Every time I see "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives," I want to open my own place. Then I realize I'm both too lazy and woefully underqualified.
  • Albeit a homemade mashup of clips from "Into the Wild," there's finally a YouTube video using the studio version of my theme song... David Gray's "Gathering Dust."
  • I have some really lousy friends.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"There's nothing sexier than a man who pays attention."

PF said...

I suppose it's ironic that I had to Google that.

Jules said...

* Interesting. Everytime I see "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives", I recoil in horror and change the channel.

* I'm not a fan of Bourdain making sweeping generalizations like that. I think that various ingredients have their place - and that some chefs get stuck on items occasionally. It's not the end of the culinary world.

* I'm still told that the character "Monica Geller Bing" was my fictionalized self.

* You ... have another blog? (See? I didn't even know that so no worries about pimping here.)

PF said...

* I'm not a fan of Fieri by any means, but I like the subject. I know how to cook, but more often than not, I'm looking for what to cook. DDD inspires me sometimes.

* Bourdain's entertaining enough, but I think he's a tool, personally. I understand his point, though - it's an easy way to justify charging more for a dish. Fortunately, I'm not charging. ;)

* Hmmm, I've also been compared to Chandler. Even so, I'm still Ed from "Ed," hands down.

* I registered another Blogspot site some time ago, but haven't put anything there yet. I think it's in my profile. Check me out!!!!!!! LOL

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Well I'm glad no one shot me in the head after I held my contest.