Thursday, May 29, 2008

Out there too long

I'm tired. Mentally more than physically. "Of" stuff more than "from" stuff, if that makes any sense. And, as I'm talking only to myself here, it makes perfect sense.

A castle dark or a fortress strong seem like really good ideas. Something with a moat. Heck, just a really big fence. A deserted island with no means of communication.

Movies always make it seem like such a bad thing to be the sole survivor in a post-apocalyptic world. I'm thinking except for a consistent supply of fresh seafood and prime beef... probably not so bad.

Sometimes I'm tired, sometimes I'm shot
Sometimes I don't know how much more I've got

Maybe I'm headed over the hill

Maybe I've set myself up for the kill

Tell me how much do you think you can take

Until the heart in you is starting to break?

Sometimes it feels like it will




Sometimes it feels like I'm going to fast
I don't know how long this feeling will last...






Maybe it's only tonight.