I was essentially offered a job today, unsolicited.
There's a guy I see at work once or twice a year. He holds a university position, but has also founded a private company that performs the same service for outside interests on a contractual basis.
We normally just make small talk while he's around doing his job, but he's always seemed to appreciate coming to work with us. I guess we have our shit together more than most places he visits.
Anyway, today we were talking about his daughter going off to school, and got on the topic of education. He asked me some things about my background, which eventually led to a discussion of both our current jobs. He asked me some pointed questions, but his reaction to my responses showed that we evidently share the same work and workplace philosophy. (He loved it when I told him I thought his new university boss was a douchebag. LOL)
When he asked me if I ever thought about leaving, I knew what was up. I said I've tossed the idea around from time to time, but I'm fairly comfortable and have never strongly pursued anything. He then pulled out his (very slick) private business card and told me to call him when I decide I'm ready to leave.
Sweet. :)
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
The next thing I know, you'll be pulling the "it's not you, it's me" line!
HRMPH!!
;)
Post a Comment