There comes a time when all the cosmic tumblers
have clicked into place, and the universe
opens itself up for a few seconds
to show you what's possible.
have clicked into place, and the universe
opens itself up for a few seconds
to show you what's possible.
Neither of us were looking for this. One can't seek what one can't imagine.
In the past year, we've traveled from coast to coast and back again. We've created memories with an entire continent between us and with absolutely nothing between us. We've confronted fears and overcome obstacles. We've fulfilled some dreams and forged others. We've slid into a love that's as easy and comfortable as a favorite t-shirt and pair of jeans.
In a few days, we'll celebrate our second Christmas together, but our first together. I've already been given the biggest gift of all - someone who has opened the universe to show me what's possible. Most remarkable of all, it all came at a time when I might've settled for lesser relationships with lesser people. Others have, and tonight I give thanks not to be among them.
In the past year, we've traveled from coast to coast and back again. We've created memories with an entire continent between us and with absolutely nothing between us. We've confronted fears and overcome obstacles. We've fulfilled some dreams and forged others. We've slid into a love that's as easy and comfortable as a favorite t-shirt and pair of jeans.
In a few days, we'll celebrate our second Christmas together, but our first together. I've already been given the biggest gift of all - someone who has opened the universe to show me what's possible. Most remarkable of all, it all came at a time when I might've settled for lesser relationships with lesser people. Others have, and tonight I give thanks not to be among them.

1 comments:
So many things that can be said, but somehow, this:
:)
Seems most appropriate.
Post a Comment