During our Thomas Keller trifecta of The French Laundry, Bouchon, and ad hoc last week, every time a waiter would describe something wonderful as having been cooked sous vide, I would catch the GF's eye and jokingly mouth the word "Christmas."
It concerns me slightly that I don't think she knows that I'm kidding and that I may actually wind up with another gadget for which I have neither space nor need. It concerns me greatly, however, that she's more than once referred to the piece of equipment that produces such tasty morsels as an immersion blender rather than an immersion circulator. I *know* she knows the difference and it's just a slip of the tongue, but I'm starting to fear for the poor retail slave that encounters her in a Williams-Sonoma or Sur La Table come December.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
No worries. I will just invite her to Christmas shop with me. She can help wrangle Max and I will steer her toward the list of things you tell me about ahead of time. :D
Uh oh. She reads this blog, doesn't she? So much for my elaborate plan :/
Yes, yes she does.
Ya know, if you lived closer, we could just share mine-
Post a Comment