After the day I had yesterday, the GF suggested I buy a lottery ticket.
It's been called "The Toughest Table in America" - and I'm going. By some degree of luck or kismet, yesterday I managed to score one of the rarest dinner reservations anywhere. Bookings for Talula's Table must be made one year in advance, and only one is available each day. The restaurant opens each night for only a single party of 8-12 people, who spend the next four hours enjoying what some have called the best meal they've ever had.
I was successful on only my second attempt ever to call. My hands started to tremble when I heard the phone actually ringing instead of the busy signal I was sure to get. My head is honestly still spinning a bit. I'm not sure how to go about filling out my guest list - friends and family or fellow foodies who would be more likely to appreciate how special this should be. Luckily, that's made a little easier by some overlap in those groups, but the rest of the spots are still tough decisions.
Maybe that's why they give you a year to think about it.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment