Wednesday, October 29, 2008

After the Flood

I've been lying awake in bed for the last half hour.

The last thing I read before my head hit the pillow was a message board thread asking me to encapsulate my life in a series of "I am from..." statements.

I didn't need that kind of stimulation before trying to get some much-needed sleep. It's the kind of thing that will be on my mind until I do it, and I can't do it justice when the numbers on the clock are three matchsticks.

I've become well-acquainted with floods of memories. Sometimes I'm Noah and can prepare for their arrival; sometimes I'm just smashed by the wave.

They bring forth the flotsam and jetsam of my mind... of my life. Comfort. Promise. Confusion. And heartbreak.




I am haunted by waters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was, of course, a good read - as was this.

I may write one for my own benefit (or detriment, as the case may be) but there's no way in hell I'd post it. To what end ... target practice? No thanks.

Sign me off as "drowning"

PF said...

If you'd like to have it read, I'd like to read it.