Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Say What?

There's a commercial, I think for NetZero, that says something like "Every ISP takes you to the same internet, so why pay more?..."

Liars.

I'm apparently getting gypped.

Every time I read a certain message board, it becomes more and more apparent that I am not getting the same internet as everyone else.

Readers of this blog may disagree, but I am fairly fluent in English. I'm think I'm rather observant and capable of processing those observations into rational thought. That can't be the problem. It must be that I'm reading something completely different because I don't know how the fuck some of these people could believe the utter garbage and bullshit that they write.

Then again, maybe they don't.

6 comments:

kat said...

If it's the board I'm thinking of, I'm right there with you.

If it's not the board I'm thinking of, I guess it's at least nice to know we're not the only one out there like it.

PF said...

The kicker for me is that some people I used to like (or at least respect) seem to have lost their minds.

Anonymous said...

Crazy shit these days; I'm not even sure why I go there anymore either.

PF said...

There are still a few good folks left, although that group seems to be in decline. In some respects, it's unfortunate that they usually stay above the fray because then only the voices of the idiots are heard.

It was very encouraging to hear from some of the more "disinterested" parties, though. That just shows how many of the sycophants (yes, I said it! LOL) have lost all perspective.

I think the whole problem comes from the insecurity of some people. All of their posts are designed to either make themselves look good, (or more often) make someone else look bad, or try to win people over by kissing ass (even those they bash elsewhere). Unfortunately, there are those who can't see through any of that and thus never question them. Those are the type with whom they surround themselves and from whom they gain "strength."

Anonymous said...

The whole thing is full of too much Jr. High "I'm better than you" for me. But then again, I wasn't very popular in Jr. High either...

PF said...

I always said high school. That was probably too generous. ;)