Wednesday, April 16, 2008

There is but one God...

... and his name is Jeff Bezos.

How indoctrinated am I into the cult of Amazon.com?

I'm so used to making extra purchases just to qualify for free shipping that I go for that option even when it makes no sense. I just spent more than I ever thought I would on a knife and will now have to wait probably an extra week for it because I instinctively chose free shipping.

But I saved a whopping $4.50! Oy.



Not to mention that Jeff's legions delivered my previously most expensive piece of cutlery a grand total of six hours ago.

I think I need an intervention.

1 comments:

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

Oh, yeah.
Amazon.
And, their Super-saver Shipping" monkey on my back.

How bad is it?
It's so bad that I started "Wishlisting" items that were $5 or less, just for those cases when I needed just a bit more to "make it."

There must be some 10 step program.
Perhaps Amazon sells a book about it.
Dana