Thursday, March 20, 2008

This time of year...

... and specifically the NCAA basketball tournament, always reminds me of an old friend.

I have a lot of varied interests and like to think of myself as at least a bit of a Renaissance Man. If you've ever talked with me, you know that my conversations can sometimes take a fairly wild path as my mind can make some nebulous connections. My train of thought is a maglev or TGV. We can start out talking about lyrics to a rock song and end at Greek mythology while making stops at 14th century Italian poetry, the Civil War, and the 1986 World Series. (hey, beenie!) As a result, it's not uncommon for me to lose someone in conversation. LOL

I miss those talks with her. Probably more than anyone I've ever met, she was always able to keep up with my shift-on-the-fly ramblings. I've come to find that that's pretty rare, and I value it more than I did then. On the very rare occasion that she didn't understand, she'd smile as if she did. ;)

This song ALWAYS makes me think of her...



She dabbled in Tae Bo at one point. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if she was checking out Mozart at the time.

1 comments:

kat said...

Hi! *waves*

And I LOVE that song.