Friday, March 14, 2008

Things That Make Me Happy - #4

Over-The-Top Comments About Camping Cuisine


These make me happy not because I take them to heart, but because they're so ridiculously hyperbolic that I can't help but to laugh whenever I think about any of them...

This is the best thing ever. (just about anything)

It's like eating a cloud. (scrambled eggs)

This guy cooks some corn, tells me to cover it in this goo, and then roll it around in this other stuff and it's the best thing I've ever eaten. I'm eating whatever he gives me to eat, however he tells me to eat it.

I don't have the vocabulary to describe this.

You really need your own show.

It's like tasting food for the first time. (mushroom ragout)

Have you ever thought of opening your own restaurant?

It's as if this has been touched by the hand of God. (beef tenderloin)

I'd go gay for these potatoes.

This is the best breakfast ever. (stuffed croissant French toast)

You can't make marshmallows - they're like a base ingredient.

You weren't here to cook lunch, so we just gave up.

I wish I had a bigger stomach. (Probably the only time a woman will ever say that)



Even better are probably the exaggerated looks of awe. Natalya's the undisputed queen of that. She just stares at me with her mouth agape like "How the hell...?" Jami will take a bite of something she likes and her eyes roll back in her head. Kinda like JAWS.

YHTBT.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This made me literally laugh out loud and have coworkers ask what I was reading. And for the record, when these comments were uttered (at least in my case), I absolutely meant every word. It's possible that I gained some perspective later on, but in the moment of foodgasm, the rest of the word melts away.

PF said...

Yeah, further proof that you women will say just about anything in the wake of your -gasms. ;)

Anonymous said...

Speaking of which, we need to go camping again. So, where's next? We could try Shenendoah again, but green this time.

Unknown said...

Haha,...maybe we are just a little extra but seriously it's all so true. Food in general makes me really happy but when you make anything when we go camping I feel like a little kid who has just discovered that there is such a place as far far away fantasy land. And in that land there is a man named Brandon who is king of all things they call extra-couldn't be true-deliciousness.
I have a plan for next time we go camping. I'm not eating for a couple of days.