Monday, March 17, 2008

Not exactly corned beef and cabbage...

I had a bunch of steamed shrimp leftover from yesterday. I'd usually make those into shrimp salad for sandwiches, but I've had a lot of shrimp recently and that has generally been the end result.

I saw some arborio in the cupboard, so I decided to make a risotto with the shrimp and some peas. Finished it off with some thyme, rosemary, and truffle oil. Yum.

I'm not the least bit Irish, so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

3 comments:

Christopher Karper said...

Don't let Jami find out. She has a serious pregnant woman aversion to risotto...

*hides*

PF said...

Heh... weird.

I keep telling her she's going to be repulsed by the smell of gyros this summer. ;)

PF said...

Oh, she's reading this?

No, of course I didn't mean "weird" in a bad way, Jami. I just meant that it was... interesting. See?

Umm, can I get you a pillow or something?