Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Alma 'Matters'

Dear College Sports Viewer,

If you didn't attend the school, it's not your team. It doesn't count if you were born in the same state, if you have a pennant on your wall, or if your father/best friend/Uncle Ernie went there.

Please refrain from referring to it as such.

Thank you,
The Mgmt.

5 comments:

kat said...

Unless you're Irish and from the NY/NJ/CT Metro area, in which case there IS no team other than the Fighting Irish. I think it's pretty much a contractual obligation.

PF said...

I went to college with a bunch of Irish Catholics from NY/NJ, so I know the type. They're still poseurs.

kat said...

My best friend has a coworker who went to ND - they actually have a special term for them. Subway Fans.

My dad's a HUGE ND fan - but he doesn't do the whole "we" thing.

PF said...

We have a co-worker who's a ND alum. He can be pretty obnoxious about it, but it's justified in my mind since he's "earned" it.

I don't like people who root for pro teams from other cities, either, FWIW.

kat said...

Is it acceptable if you hail from said city, or am I left sans hockey team and rooting for the Brewers? I *do* root for the Packers and the Badgers, if that makes up for it. :P