Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lasting Impressions

The last time I went to Vermont, we took my cousin Erin along. She was twelve at the time and had never been on vacation to anywhere other than the beach, so we thought it would be a nice opportunity for her to see something different - namely, the coolest state in the country. ;) She had a great time and has talked about it ever since.

I talked to her on the phone last night. She's now sixteen and just returned from a school ski trip to Vermont. She snowboarded instead of skiing. LOL

I asked her if she saw anything that looked familiar, expecting her to mention mountains, or farms, or Lake Champlain.

"Yeah, we stopped at the same Roy Rogers!"

"Uh... huh."

"I remember it because I had the best egg sandwich there."

"Uh... huh."

So, we basically took her for a week-long, two thousand mile drive, and what does she remember... a fast food restaurant. LOL

I should've guessed. This was the same kid who at age six or seven insisted on ordering a BLT from a restaurant menu only to proclaim it "the best BLT I've ever had."

"Well, how many BLTs have you had, Erin?"

"Two."

After reminiscing over sweet memories of waiting in the drive-thru lane, we talked about school and her college plans and stuff.

She's gonna be all right. :)

0 comments: