Friday, December 28, 2007

"Kiss My..."




Grits.


You really thought I was gonna say "ass," didn't you?

When I was a kid, I thought grits were a food from some region of a pig that you really didn't want to think about - like chitlins or something. Florence Jean Castleberry just wasn't very descriptive beyond the suggestion that smooching her grits was something less than pleasant. They're really non-existent way up north (meaning just below the Mason-Dixon line), so I had no way of knowing. Sweet tea, we got. Grits, umm, notsomuch.

I've had a right good few this year. Turns out they can be not so bad. Just not the soupy kind.

I'm still not sure why anyone would want to kiss 'em.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"a right good few"???

lol!

Unknown said...

"a right good few" is almost as good as "might could".

; )

I still catch myself saying that.

PF said...

Very funny, ladies.

Verrrrry funny.