It really struck me today how much music is tied to memories. Yeah, it know, it's obvious when a certain song makes you remember your college girlfriend or your prom. I'm talking about something more subtle, more general. Something that fills the background, but which is essential to the scene nonetheless.
The two memories that hit me today were related to travel. The first was "Read My Mind" by The Killers. It totally takes me back to Philly and Morimoto in the spring. Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure I didn't even listen to that on the trip. I guess I was just so taken by that song around that time that the two are tied together in my mind.
The second was Coldplay's A Rush of Blood to the Head. I hear just a snippet of one of those songs and I'm taken back to driving the roads of Vermont in the summer of 2004, not a care in the world and being head over heels, newly in love.
*sigh*
Oh, take me back to the start...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment