I've belonged to one particular internet community for a number of years and over that time have learned a lot about the "regulars" there. By and large, it's been quite comforting to find that we're all pretty much the same...
... except for the Californians.
It's not all of them, and some of it may be due to a bit of self-selection in this particular group, but I'm constantly amused about how out of touch many of them are with the way people in the rest of the country live. And it's not like these folks haven't traveled (or even lived) elsewhere. They just can't seem to fathom that the rest of the country doesn't think or do things their way.
I think Alton Brown hit on the same concept in an interview I read this week...
...we don't all live in Berkeley, freaking, California.
And guess what? We don't freaking want to!
Don't even get me started on Cool Whip.
Friday, October 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
LOL!
Since I'm a native Californian, I'm sure I must be guilty. Of what exactly, I'm not sure.
Hmmmmmm.
Post a Comment